Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Active Desktop Recovery (Help)!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 valley_girl1919

valley_girl1919

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:29 AM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:07 PM

I had a user log onto their computer and at first their desktop and everything came up fine, but they wanted their resolution changed. So i went to properties to change it and after trying to change it the background the user had went away and all of a sudden the background showed "active desktop recovery-restore my desktop" and a error window pops up saying "windows explorer needs to close" I click dont send and the desktop with his background starts to load but then goes back to the active desktop recovery screen and the error message pops back up saying windows explorer needs to close. If I hit dont send it will try to load the background but keep saying the same message. I cant click on anything else. So i cant even right click to go to properties or get to anything. When I log onto the pc under my profile it comes up normal and i never get the message. He has a certain background that he uses from his pictures so i dont know what the problem is? Windows xp is being used on the PC. Can anyone help? I might have to redore his profile.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,290 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:29 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:26 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/190228

I would turn it off, I've never seen much use for it and it used to create unnecessary problems.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users