Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I NEED HELP! PLEASE!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 magicmunchkin

magicmunchkin

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 14 May 2004 - 07:07 AM

Hello everyone. I use Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 1. I downloaded Logon Loader about a year ago, and everything was working fine. I downloaded a theme from themesxp.org. I opened it and there was no preview available. It must have been a corrupt file or something. I keep getting the following message after windows loads instead of my logon screen: "C:/PROGRA~/THEMESXP/THEMX~1.ORG/WUSV-S~EXE" " NOT ENOUGH QUOTA IS AVAILABLE TO PROCESS THIS COMMAND" I have tried everything listed under F8 amd sto;; get the same message. I have tried installing another operating system and the computer does not recognize it. I have 4 administrative accounts on my computer. I realy really really need help fast. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
THANKS!! MAGIC
Have a Great Day!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Papakid

Papakid

Guru at being a Newbie

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 14 May 2004 - 10:54 AM

Magic, sorry to hear about this. Saw your thread over at MW but wasn't sure it was you.

I don't have any experience with this, but I believe you're going to have to create & use a boot disk to get into Windows. Then you may have to install and use the Recovery Console to fix the file causing the problem. I don't know the exact instructions to give you, but can help you get started.

First I need to know if you have your XP installation CD. If so, is it a Setup CD or Recovery CD? If it says recovery on the CD I'm pretty sure that, when inserted, it will automatically reformat & reinstall Windows. I'm sure you don't want that until you've had a chance to back up your important data at least. But if we need to use Recovery Console, it has to be installed first--a setup CD is easiest, but it can be done in another way.

Either way I think you will need a boot disk. I hope whatever computer you're on has a floppy drive. Go to this link to begin making the series of disks required for XP. Some general guidelines are HERE. And Hone page is here.

Basic information on Recovery Console is here. We may not have to use it, but that will give you an idea of what is involved.

See if you can get a boot disk made & find out about the CD. And if both computers have floppy drives. Let me know how this first step goes. Good luck.

The thing about people

is they change

when they walk away.--Mipso

#3 magicmunchkin

magicmunchkin
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 14 May 2004 - 12:44 PM

Thank you for all your help. Got it up and running through BIOS. Had to boot from CD. Magic
Have a Great Day!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users