Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to capture a frame in Irfanview, .flv file?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Number_6

Number_6

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:26 AM

On my XP machine, I'm trying to capture a frame from a .flv video, using Irfanview 4.25. I'm having the damndest time, and I can't find a decent tutorial anywhere. Appreciate any suggestions anyone has! Tnx.

Edited by hamluis, 19 July 2010 - 11:38 AM.
Moved from XP to Audio/Video ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 597 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 AM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:45 PM

If you're actually playing the flash video in Irfanview, when you get to the frame you want hit the "Print Screen/Sys Rq" key. Then, open a new file with Irfanview, select "Edit" from the top menu, and highlight "Paste." Click it and you should have it, bu-uuu-ut, this might not be the best way to do things. I don't think you can pause a video in Irfanview, so it might be difficult to get exactly the shot you want. If it was me, I'd use a different program to play the video -- like VLC, for instance. The "Print Screen" button still works. Then open Irfanview, select "Edit -> Paste" and you should be there. Crop out anything you don't want.

#3 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:24 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:10 PM

Irfanview / Options / Capture/Screenshot

Select your capture area and note (or set) hotkey assignment CTRL + F11.

You can set it to display in the main window or save to a file after capture.

Click Start, Irfanview minimises.

Play your FLV file in the Irfanview FLV player;
use the controls to pause at the image you want, use hotkeys, CTRL + F11 to capture.

The image is copied to Irfanview Clipboard from where you can save it
or saved to a file, if this was your choice.

If you are not getting the FLV Player to operate correctly, it will be because you are missing
the Flash.dll and Flash4.dll plugins. If you have installed the full Plugins pack,
there should be no problem.

Edited by petewills , 19 July 2010 - 07:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users