Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saying Hi

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 genej101

genej101

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:28 AM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hello everyone. I found you through a search on google about the Vundo trojan, not on my machine, thank goodness, and I'd managed to rid my friend's machine of it before I got here, but wanted to know more about it. I'm a moderately experienced pc user, long time subscriber to a variety of newsletters on all things computer-related and can always use another resource - and I have to say this forum looks to be a wonderful new tool in the toolbox arsenal, which as I know you all already know, can never be too full these days. I've been fortunate in my more than 20 years using pc's to have never had a virus or piece of malware make it to my machine. It would be good if friends and family were as vigilant, lol, as I end up helping them deal with the dark side far too often. I'm currently running an HP machine, Win 7 Home Premium, 64 bit, 4GB ram and have a variety of tools installed on it - I don't often use suites, I tend to use individual programs recommended highly in combination to avoid the sinkholes out there. I've a backup running XP SP3. and my most recent machine's hard drive is now an external backup drive on my newest pc. I'm looking forward to participating on this site and assure you I will be spending a good bit of time just reading as what I've seen so far is outstanding advice and most interesting. This seems to be a very good group of people and I'm happy to be part of your site. :^) gene

Edited by genej101, 19 July 2010 - 12:07 PM.

If today brings even one choice your way,
Choose to be a Bringer of the Light. :^) gene

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:38 PM

:thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer. Glad you found us. It's always good to have a new member that has been around the computer block for a long time. If by chance you haven't read our Welcome Guide, it's a good read. It's at the top of the page.

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin' Panda

• Members
  • 9,562 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:03 PM

Hello genej101 and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Please take a few moments to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the forum works.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There is a lot of very useful information there.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#4 genej101

genej101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:30 PM

:thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer. Glad you found us. It's always good to have a new member that has been around the computer block for a long time. If by chance you haven't read our Welcome Guide, it's a good read. It's at the top of the page.

Thanks for the welcome, I'll read through that. :^) gene

#5 genej101

genej101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:31 PM

Hello genej101 and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Please take a few moments to browse the New User Orientation forum, to help familiarize yourself with how the forum works.

Also, don't forget to check out the Tutorials.
There is a lot of very useful information there.

Again, thanks for the welcome! I'll look through the references, both sound interesting, never too old to learn a new trick or two. :^) gene

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users