Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Saving and Opening Slide Shows

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jove

Jove

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 11:47 AM

I recently found out that if I am working with a program such as, "Paint", and I have chosen in,

"properties", to use my, "Paint", application to open files, that this, "action" causes other programs to be un-operable, for example if I have a, "gif", saved on my desk top and it was saved for the windows application, it no longer opens, using Windows Picture and Fax, it opens as a, "Paint".

Is there a way to save these so they stay as they were. I guess when I mail one of these off to someone , opps, they get a little surprise, when they try to open it.

When you don't have to worry about your computer anymore, you can start
living again !

vrwqzc.gif
Success is a result, not a goal. . . . Flaubert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:38 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:29 PM

The file will open on the recipient's computer according to the settings
on THAT computer, for files of the particular type, bmp, jpg, gif, png, whatever.

I use Irfanview a lot and have associated most filetypes with Irfanview,
but for example, if I had chosen not to associate BMP files with Irfanview,
they would open in Paint, the default.

It always depends on the file 'association'.

Edited by petewills , 19 July 2010 - 07:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users