Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

friends laptop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 whiteshoes

whiteshoes

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:16 AM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:33 AM

hi all , my friends laptop is running xp but when you switch it on it goes to the black screen were you can go into safe mode etc... but which ever option you take it starts to boot up it shows the black screen with windows xp on it (with the green bars going across underneath it) and then seems to go into a loop because it just goes back to the safe mode screen again i have tried each option on this screen but to no avail . any help would be much appreciated tia john

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,925 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 09:36 AM

Hi, whiteshoes smile.gif

welcome.gif

If you have a Windows XP Installation CD, SP2 or better, and a Pen drive (Flash Drive), follow the instructions in the following link to create a UBCD4WIN Recovery CD and let me know it successful.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/howto.htm

I will provide you with further instructions once you are able to boot the computer with the CD.

No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

#3 JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Master Surgeon General

• Malware Response Team
  • 11,925 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:16 PM

Posted 25 July 2010 - 11:53 PM

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

No request for help throughout private messaging will be attended.

If I have helped you, consider making a donation to help me continue the fight against Malware!
btn_donate_SM.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users