Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hs_err_pid icon on desktop

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Jessica Rabbit

Jessica Rabbit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 12:17 AM

About an hour or so ago I was searching for the new True Blood episode to see if I could watch it online. I must have clicked a bad link or something because all of a sudden my Mcaffee Antivirus popped up in the corner saying a trojan was detected and removed. Then I got another pop up in the middle from Windows asking my permission to let a program run command prompt? I clicked no and it just kept popping up again and again. I clicked no several more times but it just kept popping up and wouldn't let me close out of anything. I then tried ctrl + alt + delete and that did nothing to help either. Then some really freaky loud music started playing on my computer and I could see in the backround the screen was moving all weird. So I shut the computer down with the power button, waited a couple minutes, and turned it back on in safe mode. Everything looked fine but I did a system recovery to earlier in the day just in case. When the computer rebooted, I noticed a new icon on my desktop. Its a notebook file and it says hs_err_pid1792. I have no idea what it is or where it came from and I haven't tried to open it. I just finished running a full scan with my Mcaffee but nothing was found wrong except for a tracking cookie. I just bought this laptop in December and have windows 7 and Id really like to fix this so any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks!

Jessica

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,759 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:48 AM

Hello,whay is your Operating System ?
What version of JAVA is running?
Go into Control Panel>Add Remove Programs. Be sure the 'Show Updates' box is checked. Go down the list and tell me what Java applications are installed and their version. (Highlight the program to see this).
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users