Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Forgotten XP Password

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Stefanie0104

Stefanie0104

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:54 PM

Hello, all. I am sorry if this topic was previously discussed but I couldn't find exactly what i am looking for. I have an Acer laptop. It's a mini laptop, actually. I do not have a CD ROM or anything and all the solutions to the forgotten password are saying to load a disk. I obviously cannot do that. So, does anyone know how I can fix my forgotten password problem that doesn't require me to insert a disk or CD ROM? I'm going crazy trying to remember this darn password! Please help! Thank you in advance!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:58 PM

Unfortunately: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/boardrules.php

No subject matter will be allowed whose purpose is to defeat existing copyright or security measures. If a user persists and/or the activity is obviously illegal the staff reserves the right to remove such content and/or ban the user. This would also mean encouraging the use or continued use of pirated software is not permitted, and subject to the same consequences.

Your best option is to call Acer for recovery CD.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,428 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:13 PM

It is against the policy of BleepingComputer to provide information on methods to reset or bypass the Administrator password. Though your question is most likely legitimate, there are others who may read this topic and use the information for less savory reasons. It is for these reasons we do not provide this type of information.

If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a private message or an email. Thank you for your understanding.

BleepingComputer Forums Moderator

Reference: BleepingComputer Board Rules

Edited by boopme, 18 July 2010 - 11:13 PM.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users