Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft wireless mouse quit working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sicemdawgs

sicemdawgs

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:14 PM

I have a Microsoft wireless Intellimouse Explorer 2.0. I also have a wireless keyboard to go with it. A few minutes ago the mouse just quit working. I was in the middle of something and it froze. The keyboard still works though. Also, the red laser light is still on, on the bottom of the mouse. I have checked the batteries and tried to re-synch the mouse and receiver, nothing helps.

Any advice on what I can try?

Also, if I end up buying a new wireless mouse, will any microsoft mouse work with the receiver I already have?

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

You have done the basic troubleshooting Techniques:
Re-sync
Check-batteries

I would also try:
1)Re-boot computer 2)When rebooting disconnect usb dongle 3)Install dongle and re-sync keyboard and mouse, in account or log in window.
If it fails and CHANGING BATTERIES does not work either it is a good chance your transmitter has taken a dump in the mouse (dropped, spilled water on it)
so you will need a new mouse

To answer your second question:
To my experience a new mouse will not work with a different dongle then the one they have been designated all do they all operate on the same frequency.
They contain DIFFERENT codes of "ID" that only works with the one it came with.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users