still had problems with browsers being redirected to hxxp://find.seekbasic.com/addrSearch.do
so I used avg removal software and was able to install eset antivirus 4 free trial. I ran the standard scan & found 29 infections. They were removed successfully.
I installed MBRT & booted into safe mode, ran scan & found 900 infections & tracking cookies. I was able to remove them successfully.
I tried firefox to search google and it was working normally. I tried to go to microsoft update and got a message that Eset blocked to site and a long url that ended with 184.108.40.206:80.
I did a google search and found this website and this article
which match the problem I'm having.
I followed the Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help and followed these steps
Please, uninstall the following applications:
1. Adobe Reader 9.3
You can read, how to do this here:
* Windows XP
* Windows Vista
* Windows 7
Please go into the Control Panel, Add/Remove and for now remove ALL versions of JAVA
Then run this tool to help cleanup any left over Java
Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.
Please download JavaRa and unzip it to your desktop.
***Please close any instances of Internet Explorer (or other web browser) before continuing!***
* Double-click on JavaRa.exe to start the program.
* From the drop-down menu, choose English and click on Select.
* JavaRa will open; click on Remove Older Versions to remove the older versions of Java installed on your computer.
* Click Yes when prompted. When JavaRa is done, a notice will appear that a logfile has been produced. Click OK.
* A logfile will pop up. Please save it to a convenient location and post it back when you reply
Then look for the following Java folders and if found delete them.
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Java
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Java
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Sun\Java
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Java
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Sun\Java
* Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
* Go to "Update" tab and select "Check for Updates". If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
* Go to "Scanner" tab and select "Perform Quick Scan", then click Scan.
* The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.
* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
* Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
* When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)
* The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
* Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.
If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediatly.
In your next reply, please include these log(s):
1. JavaRa log
2. MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware log
3. a new fresh DDS log only
4. a GMER log
logs.zip 21.64KB 2 downloads
Edited by Orange Blossom, 20 July 2010 - 11:44 PM.
Deactivate links. ~ OB