Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

need EAP host service for win7 x64

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jbokh

jbokh

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:10 PM

When trying to start EAPhost services get error 1075: could not start because a dependency service could not be found or has been marked for deletion (not verbatim).

The Extensible Authentication Host Service has been deleted from starting with the registry with hijack this or something similar (not really sure my broter broked it somehow). I was hoping someone could export the EapHost key from:
HKLM/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/...
using a good vista or win 7 and post the text here so I could try importing it.
I'm pretty sure I've done this before and it worked.
Any other suggestions on how to fix this are appreciated.

Running windows 7 x64 fyi

Tanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:45 AM

I would try performing a system repair with the Windows 7 Disk instead of using someone's registry entry. That way you can make sure that any other damage that has been done can be repaired.

#3 jbokh

jbokh
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 PM

Posted 20 July 2010 - 10:04 PM

You can repair???? This I did not know, thought it was same as vista.
For the record though, the fix I spoke of did work eventually. I first got a good copy from the location I said above and exported to a flash, then deleted the service and registry entries completely and lastly imported the good entries. I say eventually because it didn't work at first and I'm not sure why...... maybe just needed one more restart to work but I was tinkering with the EapHost settings, but ended up with the defaults.

Hope that helps someone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users