Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SD Card Part Failure

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 virago_midget

virago_midget

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 03:22 PM

Dear All
This is my first post, so please be gentle with me :thumbsup:
I've got a micro sd card which will show a directory structure, access one of the folders, but all the other folders say to insert disk into drive H:
I've tried recova, but it didn't even see the drive.
This card worked fine until my kids phone went mad and had to be re-started, then it wouldn't access the files.
It's the pictures I want.
Can anyone help?
Thanks
Jules
ADDITION
I used Ubuntu to see what it could see and it managed to open several folders and access the files, but still some of the newer stuff is missing.

Edited by virago_midget, 19 July 2010 - 03:36 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JUICYboy

JUICYboy

• Members
  • 537 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:50 AM

Posted 20 July 2010 - 06:59 PM

Hello and :thumbsup: to B.C.

Well it seems as to what you have posted that at the time the smart phone got restarted it
re-formatted the SD Card.

That is why after that you are having difficulty accessing your files... It will be hard to say if the files are still there....

Try to open the files on your phone and see if you can save it on its memory than transfer the files to another SD card.

All do there is countless programs on retrieving data I do not know of any free ones....

Edited by JUICYboy, 20 July 2010 - 07:00 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users