Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

browser hijack and exploit java

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 eodell

eodell

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:29 PM

Hi, can someone help.

I have a dell PC running XP SP3 with McAfee running continuously and a selection of other malware removal software, but I have been got. I had browser hijack affecting IE7 and Firefox and on running Spybot, Malwarebytes, malware doctor, MS onecare live scan, MS security essentials and MS defender I identified several trojans and succesfully removed most.

However, I am stuck with Exploit Java/CVE-2008-5353.BO (also had 5353.KM but apparently removed by reinstalling Java) and Trojan downloader Java/openconnection.AK. I also have port80 open (not showing on Windows firewall)

These only show up with one or two programmes, as all the others did, so its very difficult to know whether they are real and whether the things that I seem to have removed are really gone.

What should I try next?

Also, is there any chance of such malware passing from the infected PC to another clean machine on my internet hub? Obviously if I copy across an infected file it would but can they jump unannounced?

Many thanks

Eddy

Edited by Budapest, 18 July 2010 - 05:29 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users