Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pop Ups and Sounds in the background

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 krs0305

krs0305

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 AM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:39 PM

Hello,

I'm new here and need some help! I don't know much about computers except the basic stuff most users know. I have a virus (or maybe multiple viruses?).

Sometimes background noise such as a gaming noise (like guns shooting and people shouting), or the phrase "Congratulations, you won!" noise will come up in the background. Sometimes this happens even when I don't have an internet browser open.

Also on top of that random pop ups will come up. One is "Secret Crush Alert!" I've also had pop ups for random businesses including Progressive Auto Insurance, and other Auto-related advertisements. These also happen even if I don't have a browser open.

I've tried everything I know how to do. I've run Avast, ThreatFire, and PandaCloud. They all say the full system scan is complete, but the problem still happens! This has been going on for a couple of months.

Please help me.. am not sure what to do. My computer is a Windows XP 2002 Media Center Edition. It is an Intel Core™ 2 CPU. 6400 @ 2.13GHz.

Let me know if there's more info you need. Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users