Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows CE - textmaker - compatibility

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jnl

jnl

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 11:14 AM

I have an Augen E-GO mini-netbook that has stopped allowing me to access the Internet. I need to transfer the files that are on the E-GO to my PC that runs Windows 7. However, the E-GO uses the operating system Microsoft CE, for which there is no tech support. Microsoft CE uses a program called textmaker for documents. When I transfer the textmaker documents via a flashdrive to my PC, my PC cannot open them. The textmaker documents are saved as .tmd files. How can I open these files? Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jnl

jnl
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:14 PM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:30 PM

What I did in the mean time, was to open a word processing document on my PC in Open Office and save it as a test on my flashdrive. Then I opened the "test" open office document on the Augen. I copy pasted the documents from text maker into the "test" open office document. I was able to re-open the "test" document when I put the flash drive back into my PC!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users