Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Template For A Standard Site!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Game_Freak

Game_Freak

• Banned
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 21 October 2005 - 02:38 AM

Hello,
I need a template for a standard site because I have a forum but not a main site! :thumbsup: SoPlease can I have a html template for a site just like www.bleepingcomputers.com Thanks!

Game Freak! :flowers:

PS: My First Post!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 arbpen

arbpen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:09 AM

My first post as well, but as to your question, there are plenty of CSS templates available. I suggest CSS because a) it's easier to deal with :thumbsup: it's easier for robots to index. Google for CSS templates and you will find many.

My other suggestions, if you are not doing so already, is to use a plain text editor with syntax highlighting. Use semantic markup, in other words, use HTML elements for what they are. Use H1 for headings, UL for lists (including navigation lists), tables for TABULAR DATA (not for positioning of elements). Always add a DOC Type declaration at the top of your documents, and run your document through a validator. The point is not a get a VALID, but to find any errors you might not be aware of. Test in several browsers, including Firefox and Opera.

Edited by jgweed, 21 October 2005 - 02:12 PM.

#3 Game_Freak

Game_Freak
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 PM

Posted 21 October 2005 - 03:16 AM

Thanks but all the ones I found was just the oage divided in half??

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 PM

Posted 21 October 2005 - 06:47 AM

Something is better than nothing. You will never get what you want until you start code raw pages. Every templet you use, you should be looking at the code some you can learn how to properly build your own pages from scratch. I started off with MS Publisher in the mid '90. Open Office has a set of temples and a nice little editor. I would also recommend to get a $50 computer (P-III or better) to build you site with and like previously suggested load every browser know on to it.
This is not hard and can be alot of fun and educational if you want it to be, and by coding the HTML yourself get exactly what you want.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users