Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Solution to SM controller driver for emachines

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ldempke

ldempke

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:57 AM

I just found the solution to this problem and wanted to share it for others who may be looking. My computer is emachines T3504. but it appears there are many emachine models with this problem.

Problem: yellow flag on SM controller bus in Device manager. downloading drivers from emachines website doeesn't fix it.

This is an Intel motherboard, Intel CPU, and ATI Radeon Xpress 200 chipset. Even going to the ATI website didn't get me the right download.

solution: downloads at Intel website. somewhere in this forum I found a link someone suggested to the chipset configurtors, but these didn't work for my system. but after much digging around, I found out that this motherboard is an Intel desktop motherboard D101GCC. puting that into the search box on the downloads page brought up exactly what i needed.

Chipset: ATI Radeon* Xpress 200
Installs the chipset driver version 5.10.1000.7 for Intel® Desktop Boards with the ATI Radeon* Xpress 200 chipset.

other downloads for this board are there too...Audio, Video and LAN.

I hope this helps someone someday...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,264 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 AM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:30 AM

Thanks for posting that.

Typically, the SM bus controller driver is installed with the chipset drivers.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users