Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't connect to internet when xbox live is connected

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 haley6412

haley6412

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 02:50 AM

I am really hoping someone will be able to help with this issue.

I have 3 computers and xbox connected to a Netgear wireless router. Each computer has a different operating system. The wireless computer is XP, the hard-wired computers are Vista and Windows 7. My problem is that the hard-wired windows 7 computer will not connect to the internet when xbox live is also connected. All the rest of the computers have no problems connecting.

Any suggestions would truly be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:28 PM

How is the Xbox connecting?

Did you set a static IP on he Xbox?

Do you get an error on the Win 7?

If you are online on the Win 7 machine and you start the Xbox does it kick the Win 7 off?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users