Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

View Sconic monitor question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Reddoug

Reddoug

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:43 PM

Hi All

I just got a new View Sonic monitor VX2250. I used the dvi cable to hook it up to my computer. Worked fine for a week, and then screen went blank. I disconnected dvi cable and hooked up vga cable and everything works ok. I tried a different dvi cable and has the same problem. I have an ATI Radon X800 video card, an Intel D930 processor with 1gb of ram. Trying to figure out if the problem is related to my video card or bad monitor. Tried looking around Ati website and could find anything helpful.

Thanks, Doug

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,735 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:43 PM

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

I'd say, probably your video card, but to know for sure, hook up another monitor through the same DVI cable.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 Reddoug

Reddoug
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 PM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:25 AM

Hi

I do not have another monitor with a dvi port. I contacted View Sonic. Thanks for the help.

Doug

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users