Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

error 43 when using USB

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 owen64

owen64

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 AM

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

I recently had to replace the motherboard on my computer with a new Asus P5KPL-AM EPU and ever since have had problems with my USB ports.
I have one that is powered that when plugged into the USB stopped the computer from starting up and I have found that even my USB jump drive doesn't work, I keep getting a code 43 error drive unrecognisable.
I have tried all sorts of things like changing the leads for the hub and using the usb outlets but to no avail.
Does anyone have any idea as to what may be causing this as it has got me beat.

Hope someone out there can help. :flowers: :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,758 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:09 AM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 09:06 AM

Have you gone into Device Manager...and uninstalled the USB controllers...and then rebooted?

Also...did you remove the old drivers from the former motherboard...before installing drivers for the new board?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users