Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Well hello folks

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 RichardNW

RichardNW

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:26 PM

greetings folks! i just figured how to post a new topic. that's how NEW i am!!! my initial setting i've set to allow Admin AND members to reply to my email. i was a member before but i don't remember what ID i cooked up back then - 2 yrs ago? i know i didn't post anything, lol.

i should be more sophisticated cuz i started programming in Fortran in '69 but i've been in-out of the industry & haven't been prof'ly involved since '07 and even then it was minimal. i've always said, "if you haven't been involved professionally for the last 6 months then u don't know nuthin' cuz it changes so radically!"

besides, i have a mental disorder(schizoaffective disorder) that blanks out my "mind" at any given time for an unknown length of time. so much for a 137 IQ. whoopie! i used to love programming, setting up spreadsheet macros, photoshop activity and autocad activity. now i have probs with new laptops and printers just going haywire.

i help out at a church whenever i can and i have bare scrape-bottom funds that barely pay my rent and storage fees. i do get medical and food assistance but i'm so ??? that i don't use them to great advantage. my recall is low functioning also. there was a time i wrote eloquently but now my instant-use vocabulary is minimal. i can't even think of the words to effectively say what i'm saying right now... alas, i lament. :thumbsup: if i don't do a thing on a daily or frequent basis i'll have forgotten it in a short span of time. my mood/attitude swings greatly also. bi-polar? or something like that. i also cry 4 no reason at the drop of a hat. depression? who knows... i luv just sitting out in the park or waterfront contemplating things. no expenditure of energy. so much for my rock climbing/scuba/10k/half marathon days.

in a previous life, surely u no i jest, i was a naval officer & was the physical readiness officer and thought, "if i ever get in the condition that i am actually in right now, i'd throw in my chips and punch out." which is a military term for commit suicide. but don't worry, those thoughts just flit thru my mind for a teeny fraction of a second. i never really consider driving a van off an over-pass crasshing into rush hour traffic. it just sounds "spectacular" like the fitting end of an adventure flick.

hey, i just noticed this might be some decent stuff for pulp fiction. well, maybe not. so i'll just be trolling thru looking at some interesting topics and maybe add my 2 cents worth of humor. who knows?

that's me. that's it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,573 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:45 PM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:03 PM

Hello and :thumbsup: to Bleeping Computer.

Be sure to check out the New User Orientation and the excellent Tutorials.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users