Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Empty Virus Folders keep reappearing in registry

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wildcat2000

wildcat2000

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:57 PM

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:07 PM

Last night I got a bunch of pop-ups for fake virus alerts and nothing was working. Everytime I clicked something (a picture, text doc etc...) it kept saying it could not open it because it was infected. Of course its really not.

Ive had this same virus a couple times before and I fixed it by going into Safe Mode and manually deleting the files in the registry. I did that again today, and while the pop-ups are gone and everything works, the empty virus folder keeping showing up everytime I restart the computer.

Its two with this name: AVSolution and AVSuitE. All that appears inside them are...

Name: Default

Type: REG_SZ

Data: (No Value Set)

Should I be worried? Does that mean Im still infected? I did a full scan in safe mode with SASpyware and although it detected them, it didn't remove them. Only thing thats seemed to work is just manually deleting them in safe mode, which like I said I already did but Im just concerned about the folders reappearing. Thanks for any help.

EDIT: Just ran RKill for the heck of it and it found this process rghpwlolo\aeopdfjtssd.exe. I loctated it in my C Drive, deleted it, restarted the computer and this time the folders did not reappear. So that was probably it.

Edited by wildcat2000, 17 July 2010 - 07:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users