Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Zone Alarm Service Agent popup window

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 YellowJacket55

YellowJacket55

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:05 PM

The Zone Alarm Popup Window says"

Security Alert.l The Win32 Sality virus disables anti-virus and is spreading fast. The new Zone Alarm Free Firewall has real time threat data to protect against Sality and 1000's of new attacks every day. Get you free update now for better protection."

Then the choice of Update Now or Remind Me Later.

I haven't selected anything but I can't shut the window off. Have run several AV programs with little or no success (Malwarebytes, AdAware, Spybot, AVG, Avast)

Any help appreciated

Yellowjacket55

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

What makes you think it's a ZA window?

Have you been to the ZA site?

I don't use ZA...is this normal procedure? Doesn't sound like it...never heard of a "security update" that was optional...kind of defeats the purpose of such if the user chooses to wait.

http://www.microsoft.com/security/portal/T...n32%2fSality.AN, hardly recent.

My guess would be that you are infected...moving this to Am I Infected forum.

Louis

#3 Katherine22

Katherine22

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 PM

Posted 24 March 2011 - 02:20 AM

Zone Alarm Service, which responds directly to an alarm. Others use a series of complex computer programs to respond to fire alarms and notify the authorities. You also have the option of the control system to call you at your desk or on your cell phone to alert you when your home alarm goes off. This way you can hurry back home and check the situation as quickly as possible. Because there are so many false alarms, you can choose to receive alarm monitoring services to call you before notifying the authorities.

Alarmanlagen

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users