Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New intro

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chuckreb

Chuckreb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:26 PM

Hi folks, I joined today to see if the download from this site could fix my computer, it did some stuff, but I believe my files are so corrupted that I will have to re-format. I will try any suggestions, but my IE is not fully installed, missing parts, tried to remove at 'Add and Remove' section and it wouldn't remove. I use Windows XP Pro. I also cannot right click and copy and paste on IE, but my 'Firefox' works great.

Iyogi computer techs from Computer Associates spent all day(remotely in control of my computer) yesterday trying to clean my computer of virus corrupted files!! The computer was working perfect when I shut it down on July 1, when we left for vacation. When we got home on July 13, and I restarted up my computer the McAfee message said my computer was not safe, and when I checked it said some components were missing from my Cable company provided McAfee suite. I tried to download them several times, but after the downloading of files, it would fail to install the Suite. The cable company techs tried to help me download, and after several more tries, they said I must have a virus. I asked how a virus could get in while it was shutdown. They said the folks that do that stuff can get around just about anything, and do stuff like that for the challenge and their own pleasure;; not even knowing or caring who they mess up.

So after spending all day trying everything he knew to do and cleaning the viruses he found, the Iyogi tech said there were too many corrupted files, and the only thing I could do was save what I wanted on an external hard-drive, and just reformat my computer. I have never done that, but I have the disc, and may give it a try later after mowing the lawn. Wish this computer dummy luck.

Anyone know a better security suite than McAfee that does not cost a fortune?? I get the McAfee free through my cable company.

Hello, and I am Chuckreb.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boethe

boethe

• Members
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:30 PM

Welcome to this place. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users