Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Invisible Ads, IE pop ups. Wave turns itself down

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tomputts12345

tomputts12345

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:39 PM

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:40 AM

hey guys and girls. iv been all over this site checking out the fix's for this virus or what ever it is that seems to have take on my computer. i was reading that each fix was personalized and not to try it on my own PC. so i made my own post, basically iv got the problem that i have the wave turning itself down. random IE pop ups and such, hearing mouse clicks. iv ran mutiple virus scan. malwear scans and spybot but i cant find anything. where do i go from here >.<

Edited by Blade Zephon, 17 July 2010 - 05:22 PM.
Moved to AII as no logs provided and Prep Guide not followed. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,786 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 17 July 2010 - 05:25 PM

Hello.

Please follow the instructions in This Guide starting at Step 6.

Once the proper logs are created, then make a NEW TOPIC and post it HERE Please include a description of your computer issues and what you have done to try to resolve them.

If you can produce at least some of the logs, then please create the new topic and explain what happens when you try to create the log(s) that you couldn't get. If you cannot produce any of the logs, then still post the topic and explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happens when you try to create the logs.

~Blade

animinionsmalltext.gif
If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!

#3 tomputts12345

tomputts12345
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:27 PM

Thanks for the help. by starting by step 6 does this mean i have to skip the back up, i dont think iv even backed up this computer before is it vital to fixing this issue or would i be able to get away with not backing it up.

iv so far done almost all of the steps. i ran GMER but before it could finish the computer reset and became a little hard to work with so i had to turn it off at the power point. is that normal. ill try GMER again

Edited by tomputts12345, 17 July 2010 - 10:59 PM.

#4 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,786 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:27 PM

You do not have to skip the backup. . . step 6 is simply the point at which constructing scan logs begins.

As for GMER. . . try unchecking the Devices box in addition to the others requested.

~Blade

animinionsmalltext.gif
If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Follow us on Twitter!

#5 tomputts12345

tomputts12345
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:32 AM

thanks so much for the help so far. i tried again last night with GMER the scan took over 7 hours with my 200gig worth of stuff to go through, however again once when i finished i tried to save and the mouse and keyboard froze up i replugged them both and it turned out the computer had just frozen on the save screen, -_- 7 hours lost in my life lol.... is any of this normal. ill try overnight to scan with device's unticked.

#6 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,786 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2010 - 12:31 AM

okay. . . let me know how that turns out.

~Blade

animinionsmalltext.gif
Follow us on Twitter!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users