Here is a list of things I've tried and thier responses:
- Error-checking: After clicking 'Check Now' it never goes further. The spinning circle just stays there and I can open a browser and surf the net.
- Unistall from control panel: Same result as above (Tried unistalling Live One Care because it's not able to start anymore).
- Installing from browser: Same result as above (Tried installing the 'Full Service Scan' from safety.live.com).
- Installing from the desktop: Same as above (Downloaded combofix.exe from the net and tried running it off of my desktop).
- MSCONFIG: Same result as above (although it will let me run it in Safe mode and I am now using 'Selective Startup' and have uncheck Startup Items).
- There is an X through the network connection Icon, but, it IS connected to the internet, so, the service which verifies that appears to be affected also.
So I think I have lost any ability to use the administrative features.
What do you think? Can someone help?
What is my next step?
Edited by Groper, 17 July 2010 - 09:24 AM.