Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen Auto Adjust keeps putting the desktop way off center

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 milz45

milz45

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:26 AM

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:25 PM

I have a Q19wb Optiquest monitor I got from my folks. When used with my computer, I can only view it at 800x600 pixels. If I select anything larger, the auto adjust moves everything way the hell over to the lower rt corner, leaving all this black space up top and to the left. It's way too far out of wack to manually move it with the monitor buttons. I've tried downloading the latest drivers for this monitor, but that doesn't seem to help. My video card is an ATI Radeon 9600/9550/X1050 Series. My comp is an HP pavillion 774y. I have not tried this monitor with another computer to see if the problem follows the monitor, but I think it worked correctly on my folks machine before I had it. Any suggestions? I'm tired of working on a computer that looks like it belongs to someone who also owns a 'jitterbug'.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 milz45

milz45
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2010 - 08:58 AM

I'm planning on checking the monitor with a laptop to see if the problem follows the monitor or the video card. Any other suggestions? Please?

#3 milz45

milz45
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 130 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2010 - 08:49 PM

If anyone's interested I fixed the problem. I hooked up a laptop to the monitor and the same thing kept happening. The screen would auto adjust way off center. Next I tried taking the serial extension I was using to hook up the monitor to the computer and that fixed things. Not sure why, but as long as I plug the monitor directly into the computer it's good to go.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users