Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to uninstall windows internet exporer 8?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 kdmj2003

kdmj2003

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:24 PM

Hi,
How to uninstall windows explorer 8? under the add or remove programs list, there is no option for REMOVE this program.

if anyone can help me ,very much apreaciated

tq
kdmj2003

Edited by Pandy, 17 July 2010 - 09:44 PM.
Moved from Microsoft Windows Mini-Guides to a more appropriate forum ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:21 PM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 04:50 AM

What are you trying to do? If you uninstall IE8, it will revert to IE7. You can't remove IE.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

When you opened Add Remove Programs, did you put a check mark in the SHOW UPDATES at the top?

Assuming you want to remove IE8, check the box, scroll down the list, it should be listed as Windows Internet Explorer 8.

(this is for XP. It may be the same or similar for Vista and Windows 7)

edit to add: I just looked at Add Remove programs. Windows Internet Explorer showed up WITHOUT having Show Updates checked.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 18 July 2010 - 09:58 PM.

#4 kdmj2003

kdmj2003
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 AM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 03:20 AM

thanks a lot to everyone who reply my questions

kdmj

#5 JJ2K

JJ2K

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 08:02 AM

What are you trying to do? If you uninstall IE8, it will revert to IE7. You can't remove IE.

Are you sure about this i'm sure it was possible via Add/Remove then clicking Add/Remove Windows Components and unchecking the Internet Explorer box.

#6 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 10:34 AM

IE can't be removed. It will just revert to a previous version. It's needed to get to Windows Update anyway. Users have come here before looking to completely remove IE and the correct answer is always the same. You can't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users