Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Express Media player

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 glennkirw

glennkirw

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:43 PM

Hello everybody, I'm new to this and I hope I have posted it in the right place. If I have not please let me know and I will try to move it if I'm told where it should be.

I have a Toshiba Satellite m110 with the the buttons down the left side of the keyboard, one being for Express Media Player, the drive has been formatted and partitioned loosing the Express Media Player. I have since found that for my model this program should have been installed before installing XP using a second disk for the Express Media that was supplied when I purchased the laptop. The problem is I can not locate this disk, I have the normal XP recovery disk but not the Express Media one.

I have spoken to Toshiba Support and they said unlike later models that had a separate partition for recovery this model needs a specific disk for the Express Media and it is no longer available. Also on later models it was possible to reinstall a clean copy of XP and it would put an Icon on the desktop to download Express Media, this would not work with my model. Neither would the "Toshiba Recovery Media Creator" program that can be down loaded from them.
So I need a copy of the original Express Media Recovery disk. Does anybody have a copy of this disk or know where it can be purchased?

Thanks. Glennkirw.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

Guest_RadioNorthsea_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 July 2010 - 04:58 AM

I have reading your message, what I want saying is, maybe is it possible that you get a cd for that by a good friend in your neighbourhood.
You told that the Media Express is old, personally think I, that it will be very difficult for get the Media Express cd or a link via a forum, but maybe have you luck and is there someone they can help you.
It is not wrong when you asking for that by friends and neighbours.
In my country is there an expression: You can not knowing how a Cow catch a Hare.! With other words, who don't try, that don't know or can helping you.

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,563 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:35 PM

Is this what you are looking for? http://download.cnet.com/Express-Media-Pla...12_4-80685.html

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 glennkirw

glennkirw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:32 AM

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:34 PM

Radio Northsea, I do not know of anybody with this model laptop and I know it would be hard to find a person with this disk in a forum but one of your member posted a response last year and said he had disks for this model, I have sent him a message but I thought I'd give it a go here too. All I need is someone with this model who has not lost the disk. Thanks. Glennkirw.

#5 glennkirw

glennkirw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

Animal. I have found that site a few times, but every time I try to download it I get a transport company called Expressmedia.com that does not seem to have anything to do with the program. It seems like the address has changed or something and this is the closest match so it sends me there, I would like to give that program a go but if anybody has a better address for the download I might have better luck.

Thanks. Glennkirw.

#6 glennkirw

glennkirw
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2010 - 06:29 PM

Thanks for the help but none of the options seem to work. I'll keep trying to find the correct disk. And consider this post closed. Glennkirw.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users