Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus scanner..

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 soryo

soryo

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:14 PM

Um..So, recently, I did a bunch of scans, because my internet was acting weird, and I was suddenly getting popups.
I'm afraid I have no active protection at the moment. (I tried AVG, it never found things, Tried Avast, it won't work with my internet for some reason). I used to have Norton 360 but that XP security virus ate it alive. Literally, it stopped working after I removed the virus using ESET. x.o I can't use any browsers other than IE anymore too...My computer waaas clean, it isn't now though. =/

So, just yesterday I scanned with:
ESET, Microsoft security scanner(Found stuff), Malwarebytes (Found 4 trojans), Super antispywear (found nothing), and Dr. Web cure it (This one on safe mode).
Well, last night, Dr. web found two trojans of some sort.
One was taken car of, the other was moved to a folder to be quarantined. I guess I'm just not sure what to do next. If that trojan was moved am I safe? o__o
Also last night, one of those fake virus scanners popped up (It never came back after clicking exit). I'm not sure which one it was, I was so freaked I didn't catch the name of it. =__=;
So um..Is there anything else I can do? I'm not sure if that trojan was taken care of, or if anything else is on here.
It's like I'm in a never ending battle. Dx
(I did the Dr. Web cure it scan AFTER the weird scanner popped up).

I think the fake scanner came from an ad. =[ Is there any way to block the ads on IE?

I'm sorry for having to come here so soon again. =[ Nobody else is good enough with computers to ever help me. ;__;

Edited by soryo, 16 July 2010 - 07:21 PM.

Remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,490 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:17 PM

You are still infected. You need to clean this machine in several ways.

We need a deeper look. Please go here....
Preparation Guide ,do steps 6 - 9.

Create a DDS log and post it in the new topic explained in step 9,which is here Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs and not in this topic,thanks.
If Gmer won't run,skip it and move on.
Let me know if that went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 soryo

soryo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 16 July 2010 - 11:47 PM

Hi! Thank you, I'm following the steps, andthe programs I was told to download are running just fine. I'll post the logs soon.
I just got some weird win23 error. =o It made my menu bar on my browser vanish. O-o It's back now that the internet restarted though.
-Goes to post logs-
Remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.

#4 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:56 PM

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:10 AM

Your log is posted here.

Now that your log is posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a Malware Response Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the member assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the Malware Response Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic until you are cleared by the Malware Response Team. If you still need assistance after your log has been reviewed and you have been cleared, please PM me or another moderator and we will re-open this topic.

Good luck with your log.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users