Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remember me? Yeah... still having problems...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TScrewy

TScrewy

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 PM

Posted 16 July 2010 - 04:07 PM

Actually you probably don't.

Well... everything this board recommended didn't work. The problem report will still pop-up occasionally when I start the computer saying "Dell WLAN Card has stopped working and was closed." Information in the report says "the device has stopped functioning properly."

I can still start the computer and get on the internet fine.

There are other problems though.

The speed on the Dell WLAN Card still goes all over the place from 52 Mbps to 48 Mbps to 36 Mbps to 24 Mbps to 1.0 Mbps to 2.0 Mbps to 5.5 Mbps to 11 Mbps to 18 Mbps.

Maybe is the Dell itself since DELL COMPUTERS SUCK.

Also... downloading sometimes goes slow. Particularly with megaupload. Megaupload downloads won't go past 300-500 Kbps when other times downloads from megaupload will go 1,000+ Kbps. Also... downloading regularly is sometimes slow. When I click a download and click "Save File" speed is only around 100-500 Kbps and when I just right click in my FireFox and click "Save Link As" it goes slower. usually only 100-300 sometimes 400 Kbps.

Help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2010 - 06:15 PM

So your issue is a pop up that pops now and then? Disable the WAN mini port in device manager.

You other issue is sometimes your downloads are slow? Does that mean sometimes they are really fast? That's kinda normal

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 TScrewy

TScrewy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:40 PM

So your issue is a pop up that pops now and then? Disable the WAN mini port in device manager.

You other issue is sometimes your downloads are slow? Does that mean sometimes they are really fast? That's kinda normal

Um... I honestly don't know what you are talking about.

I just looked in my device manager... and I really didn't see a WAN mini port...

Unless I'm just stupid (which I probably am)

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2010 - 11:38 PM

Sorry, I read like 30 posts today. I thought you said Wan mini port. If you don't connect via the wireless in the PC, then disable the wireless card. It will be listed in the Network Adapters in Device Manager

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#5 TScrewy

TScrewy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:23 AM

Sorry, I read like 30 posts today. I thought you said Wan mini port. If you don't connect via the wireless in the PC, then disable the wireless card. It will be listed in the Network Adapters in Device Manager

But I do connect via the wireless...

The Dell WLAN Card is the wireless connection... right?

#6 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:21 PM

Have you gone to the Dell site, gotten the latest drivers/software for the card, uninstalled the card from device manager, uninstalled the software for the wireless connection in Add/Remove programs, rebooted and installed with the new drivers/software?

#7 TScrewy

TScrewy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

Have you gone to the Dell site, gotten the latest drivers/software for the card, uninstalled the card from device manager, uninstalled the software for the wireless connection in Add/Remove programs, rebooted and installed with the new drivers/software?

I tried that once. One of the latest drivers/software for the card wouldn't download because I kept getting an error code. Another update another topic on this forum suggested worked for awhile but it didn't take to long before the problem report popped up again.

#8 TScrewy

TScrewy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:10 PM

I have been receiving help from another forum and what they suggested seems to be working...

It will take several days/weeks to know for sure if it worked or not though.

I appreciate the help that was given to me here.

So thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users