Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I remove this skin theme?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Pat(rick)

Pat(rick)

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:19 PM

I went to Add & Remove program, I only see Windows Live Essentials but I'm not sure if it's the theme or the Live Messenger.

There the pic

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BrainyTehBrain

BrainyTehBrain

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:38 PM

I don't know how to uninstall the them but Windows Live Essentials is a program pack that gives Windows Live Photo Gallery, Windows Movie Maker, Windows Live Mail and Windows Live Messenger.

Does the delete button work when you click Essential?

#3 Pat(rick)

Pat(rick)
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 17 July 2010 - 01:32 PM

Does the delete button work when you click Essential?

I didn't dare to click the delete button of Essential.

I don't know how to uninstall the them but Windows Live Essentials is a program pack that gives Windows Live Photo Gallery, Windows Movie Maker, Windows Live Mail and Windows Live Messenger.

Oh, speaking of Windows Live Mail, each time I going to hotmail, my msn icon starts appear on the right side of the windows bar. Is there a way to disable it each time I visit hotmail? (I don't want uninstall the messenger lol)

#4 BrainyTehBrain

BrainyTehBrain

• Members
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 07:16 PM

Well on a XP with no themes downloaded, it has all of the themes listed above, except essential. I guess it would be safe to delete it. But if you're nervous, make a system restore point just in case.

And for your second problem, I read this

And apparently, that is a feature. Do you use Internet Explorer? Because the feature can only work in it. I believe it's enabled by default and cannot be altered (I assume as I see no settings). I would recommend switching browser to
Firefox, Opera, or Chrome as they are faster and more secure if you haven't so already

Edited by BrainyTehBrain, 18 July 2010 - 07:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users