Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Touchpad not working on HP DV1000

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mike.Nguyen

Mike.Nguyen

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 PM

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:58 AM

I'm not quite sure what's going on and I don't know where to start. I have a HP DV1000 and the touchpad is no longer working. The light to disable and enable the touchpad is not working either. I'm wondering if it is a hardware problem, but I don't quite understand how that would happen. The laptop has never been dropped or had any major trauma. I'm not quite sure where to start at all to diagnose this. Any ideas anyone?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_SteinPooch_*

Guest_SteinPooch_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 04:27 PM

i don't know how to diagnose, but I'm guessing you have an external (USB) mouse? Anyhow, make sure you have the latest Touchpad driver for your device and OS. And also make sure you didn't actually delete the driver.

-- Steinpooch

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,556 posts
  •  

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:13 PM

Try going into Device Manager and then uninstalling the touchpad drivers...reboot, then reinstall same.

Louis

#4 joseibarra

joseibarra

• Members
  • 1,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 PM

Posted 19 July 2010 - 05:41 PM

I think this is the place to look for drivers for your DV1000:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwar...ct=435618#N1073

You can see what version mouse type drivers you have now by looking in Device Manager and then decide what you need and what to do next if you have the latest drivers already.

The mediocre teacher tells. The good teacher explains. The superior teacher demonstrates.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users