Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Photo Transfers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 tjs123

tjs123

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 20 October 2005 - 10:35 AM

I need step-by-step info on the procedure of downloading photos from the Easy Share CX7430 to my computer (XP). I connected the camera to the USB (4 in one connector) & tried to create an album in the Kodak software that came with it, but I couldn't add any new pictures. This would be the first album created.
Do I need to go into the Start menu & activate a driver that may have been put or powersave? Also, do I need to select & name an album on the camera's menu before I create one on the PC? Any help on the procedures to create /name an album & later copy to a cd will be appreciated.
tjs

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Rimmer

Rimmer

• Members
  • 2,159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 21 October 2005 - 04:23 AM

:thumbsup: to BC!

See this comment about the Kodak software installing BackWeb which is a security hole:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Kodak_EasyShare_CX...5522&tag=uolist

- comments anyone?

As to your problem - does the system show the camera attached when you plug it in to the usb port? A new icon and message should appear in the taskbar indicating XP has seen a new device. The camera does need to be turned on when you do this so far as I know (it will switch itself off after a moment). The first time you do this XP may want you to supply a driver (from the supplied CDs) but after that it will recognise the camera immediately.

Then start the Kodak software and it should give you some pretty clear choices on how to transfer your images and where to. (I don't have the software so can't give you step-by-step.)

You don't have to use the supplied software because XP usually treats cameras just like another hard drive and you can access the images as files using Windows Explorer then drag'n'drop them to the folder of your choice.

hth :flowers:

Edited by Rimmer, 21 October 2005 - 04:26 AM.

Soltek QBIC, Pentium 4 3.0GHz, 512MB RAM, 200GB SATA HDD, ATI Radeon 9600XT 256MB, Netgear 54Mb/s WAP, ridiculously expensive Satellite Broadband
Windows XP Home SP2, Trend Micro Internet Security, Firefox, Thunderbird, AdAwareSE, Spybot S&D, SpywareBlaster, A-squared Free, Ewido Security Suite.

#3 tjs123

tjs123
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 21 October 2005 - 07:12 AM

Thanks for the cnet link - looks like a good option. The camera icon did show with the other drives and in the task bar. I called Kodak and was informed that the version I had was no longer supported, yet when I finally went through registration & accessed the download site for the new version, XP was not one of the formats listed as being compatible. I recall reading an article a while back about Kodak & Microsoft getting into a semi-legal battle over this but assumed it had been fixed by now. It was about Microsoft choosing which (photo) vendors they would support based on the business ties & $$ they shared.
I have a couple of other photo programs I'll try to use if the cnet info doesn't work. This is good info-thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users