Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Vista BSOD STOP: 0X0000007B (0X80599BB0, 0XC000034, 0X00000000

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ErictheGreat

ErictheGreat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 AM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 04:16 PM

Hello everyone,

Windows Vista (32bit Home Premium) recently gave me the BSOD error STOP: 0X0000007B (0X80599BB0, 0XC000034, 0X00000000, 0X0000000) after a sudden power loss. I can't even load Vista with out the Blue Screen of Death. Safe mode does not work, with it crashing when getting to crcdisk.sys. Startup repair can't find an errors. System restore doesn't do anything helpful. CHKDSK doesn't seem to find any errors. The last thing I want to do is to reinstall my OS. Before my computer became like this, I did not have any viruses on my computer, and was not installing and driver software. However, I did toggle around with the boot options to allow both processors to boot the computer, but I did not let it do a restart. I suspect something around the boot settings is causing trouble. My computer was working fine the day before, and this incident is terribly infuriating. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a hand.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:03 PM

with it crashing when getting to crcdisk.sys

May indicate hard drive issue...

Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287 (or http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...ive+diagnostic)
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, unfortunately, you're out of luck, because Toshiba doesn't provide any diagnostic tool.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 ErictheGreat

ErictheGreat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:13 PM

Ok. I'll do that then. Oh yeah, when I meant that is crashed in safe mode, I meant that I stopped for a few seconds, and put me in the face of the same blue screen of death. Do you know the causes for these kind of hard drive errors?

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2010 - 08:15 PM

You have to make sure, your computer is clean, first and we can go from there.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users