Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XP Service Pack 2 users, it's time to upgrade to XP SP3!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,540 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:44 PM

For those of you still running Windows XP Service Pack 2, and I bet there are a lot of you still, it is time to upgrade to Service Pack 3. On July 13, 2010 Microsoft officially stopped supporting Service Pack 2 and will no longer release security updates for it.Therefore, if you care about security and your privacy it is strongly advised that you ugprade to XP Service Pack 3. If you do not upgrade then your version of Windows will no longer be protected as new vulnerabilities are discovered. This will open you up to malware infections, remote execution, and possibly the loss of private information. Don't be silly. Stay Secure! Otherwise you may have to wait a couple of days in our Virus Removal forum before we get a chance to help you clean your computer :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rnr67

rnr67

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:54 PM

I have a HP AMD Processor and I have been told that if I install Service Pack 3, the computer will no longer operate and will just go into an endless boot cycle. I have avoided this update for this long for this very reason. Is there a fix?

#3 DSTM

DSTM

"Bleepin' Aussie Addict"

• Members
  • 2,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 16 July 2010 - 05:21 AM

I have a HP AMD Processor and I have been told that if I install Service Pack 3, the computer will no longer operate and will just go into an endless boot cycle. I have avoided this update for this long for this very reason. Is there a fix?

This may help you 'rnr67'

http://www.windowsbbs.com/windows-xp/73558...g-sp3-more.html

#4 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,483 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 AM

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:03 PM

I believe microsoft fixed that issue with SP3 and HP's with AMD, I know they did because i have one and it updated just fine. :thumbsup:
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#5 rnr67

rnr67

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 AM

Posted 18 July 2010 - 10:46 AM

Thanks, have to keep my updates current.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users