Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer keeps starting on its own and surfing the web

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iamup

iamup

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:54 PM

Last week I noticed that I had no sound on my computer. A few days ago I noticed that I would have Internet Explorer pop up ads appearing regularly (I use Firefox). The pop ups led me to believe I had a malware problem so I did a full scan using Microsoft's malware tool. As I saw that the scanner was taking forever in Temporary Internet Files I checked the directory and found over 50 sub-directories and they were all full of images, videos, and all the other crap that gets saved there. I started deleting the folders and realized that new ones were popping up. I went to the Task Manager and under Processes noted several iexplore.exe files running. I stopped them all but more kept starting up.

I re-boot into safe mode and ran Malware Bytes, Symantec, Spybot, and online scanners at Eset and Panda. Some came back with nothing, others showed issues, fixed them but my iexplore.exe problem continues.

I hope someone has seen this before and can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by Budapest, 15 July 2010 - 05:59 PM.
Moved from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 iamup

iamup
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:56 PM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 03:06 PM

I just realized the malware had added 5 users to my machine; LocalService, NetworkService, lsweeper, lsweeper(2), lsweeper(3). I was able to delete the sweepers but Network and Local keep re-building themselves.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users