Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 7 update: Realtek installed but no sound

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 spunks3

spunks3

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 01:45 PM

Hey guys, i noticed i had 7 or 8 system updates yesterday so i installed them and after the computer restarted i have no sound. It looks like Windows 7 installed an update to Realtek HD Audio (which im not sure if i was using it before). usually i would just go to system restore but it was disabled for some reason and i have no restore points. i tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still nothing. The drivers say it is installed correctly. please help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 spunks3

spunks3
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

found this solution and worked for me

1 Go to control panel

2. Double-Click on the Sound Icon

3. Single-click the Speakers to highlight them

4. Click on Properties (bottom right corner)

5. Go to the Enhancements Tab and Click on it

6. Now click "Disable All Sound Effects"

7. Click OK and you should be good to go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users