Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New DVD Burner+Error C00D119F=Frustration!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 czygyny

czygyny

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:12 AM

Hello everyone, :thumbsup:

This is my first post on this forum, I admit defeat, I need help!

I have an Acer computer running Vista, and due to the really nasty dusty conditions my computer is subjected to, the DVD burner finally gasped its last. First the paperclip poked in the little hole to get the tray to open, then it quit seeing discs altogether.

I ordered a Sony Optiarc burner and with the help of my oldest child we swapped out the player and took out gobs of dust bunnies and layers of dust with a can 'o air. Wow, it runs quieter!

Now the player rips and plays music, but I can't burn music CDs. I am using Windows Media Player. It will burn the first and perhaps the last selection of the playlist, but the rest have the red circle/white X and code error C00D119F . Investigation tells me that I have registry errors as part of the problem, I've looked all over and keep coming up with pitches for registry cleaners and such...but I've read that they are really not worth the investment. I am tired of ruining blank discs, too!

I've had people tell me to use a different CD burner software, which I don't want to do because (1) I hate learning new software (2) I am trying to burn playlists that have taken me hours and hours to assemble. They go on and on about how bad WMP is, but I've used it for 10-15 years with no problems and I'd like to continue.

Although I've used computers for the better part of twenty years, I long ago lost the ability to do anything beyond the Windows prompts, so any technical assistance will need to be tailored to a somewhat advanced n00b! :flowers: Also the fact that it WILL burn one or two selections to the CD has me confused...shouldn't it either work or not?

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by czygyny, 15 July 2010 - 11:16 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 czygyny

czygyny
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:39 PM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:17 PM

Aw, c'mon...doesn't anyone have a tidbit to toss to me? A point in the right direction? Surely someone has had a similar problem. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users