Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Having trouble with one of those Mini 7" PCs running CE 5.0, need help.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 kirbyparufo

kirbyparufo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:41 PM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:38 AM

I've already asked for help on the manufacturers website, but they seem to be a little slow answering my question, so I'm asking here too. I just bought a refurbished 7" Netbook made by Augen and I need a little help with it. When typing, all of the keys work. However, holding down any given key doesn't cause the system to repeat the desired action (for example, holding down the "A" button only produces the letter "A" once, and holding down backspace will only delete 1 letter). In addition, if I type too quickly, the second and subsequent second letters in a string of letters repeat (if typing "type," for example, the result would often be "tyypee" or other similar typos). The keyboard appears to function correctly (no keys are sticky), and I experience the same problem even if I try typing with an external keyboard. In the "Keyboard" settings, "Enable Character Repeat" is checked, and "Repeat Delay" and "Repeat Rate" are both about 75% of the way to "Long."

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users