Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Combofix and Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Marktmurphy5

Marktmurphy5

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

I attempted to download Combofix from both download sites onto 2 of my computers running Windows 7 and received an OS compatability message on both machines. Any advice? (My ISP security office says we have spam coming out of our ip address and recommended running CF. Have installed Open DNS to block suspect sites and hide our IP, but want to make sure the machines are clean.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:04 AM

All information related to ComboFix that the author permits to be posted in public forums can be read here: ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look here

:thumbsup: I used ComboFix on a 64-bit system and cannot get it to work?

System Requirements: Combofix currently only works with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/Windows 7 (32-bit).

Note: Although ComboFix will work on Windows 7, it is not officially supported yet so if it is run you will receive a warning message that it is a beta version meant for compatibility testing.

You should not be using Combofix unless instructed to do so by a Malware Removal Expert. It is a powerful tool intended by its creator to be "used under the guidance and supervision of an expert", NOT for general public or personal use. Combofix was never meant to be used as a general purpose malware scanner like SuperAntispyware or Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. Using this tool incorrectly could lead to disastrous problems with your operating system such as preventing it from ever starting again. Please read Combofix's Disclaimer.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users