Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG HTML/Framer error

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dr1310

dr1310

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 12:48 AM

AVG is creating a virus alert for HMTL Framer when I access various web pages. I'm given the option of removing to the Virus Vault, which I do, and everything seems to proceed smoothly. This began yesterday, July 14th, and has occurred on 3 different machines, 2 paid version and one free.
I see the HTML Framer issue existed a couple of years ago and was "resolved. Then there was the fiasco with the SYSvideo driver last week (losing several days work as a result thereof). I guess I'm getting a little concerned about AVG.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution?

By the way, when I came here to BleepingComputer Avg alerted me that the site was infected!

Edited by hamluis, 15 July 2010 - 06:21 AM.
Moved from XP to Am I Infected ~ Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,199 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:00 AM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:40 AM

Hello I got this off AVG today

Hello all,

please be informed that false positive detection "HTML/Framer" (www.google.com/recaptcha/api/js/recaptcha_ajax.js, BrowserCompAp.js) was already fixed with latest virus database update 271.1.1/3006 released 7/15/2010 6:44 AM CEST.

Please update AVG virus database and check the websites once again.

Apologies for any inconveniences.

Thank you
http://forums.avg.com/us-en/avg-free-forum...ge=4&type=0
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 KellyB

KellyB

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 AM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 11:37 PM

Thanks for posting the update from AVG. I came home from work to find this information on my computer...after leaving 2 17 year old boys at home alone...let's just say I am glad that I tempered my response until AFTER checking bleepingcomputer.com.

BTW, troubleshooting online problems that customers are having with my employer's website is part of my job. Anytime the subject of viruses and malware comes up, I provide this website as my preferred resource. Thanks for everything you all do to keep our computers clean and our stress levels acceptable! :thumbsup: :flowers:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users