Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Red X In White Box, No Gif Image

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ocar

ocar

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 20 October 2005 - 05:27 AM

My OS is Win XP Home, my email client is Outlook Express, my Picture Viewer is MS Office Picture Manager which is set to handle the opening of GIF Images in Folder Options.
Problem is, I have received an email attachment *.gif image file. Opening this attachment causes MS Office Picture Manager to open the *.gif image file. A red x appears in the centre of the screen and no image appears. The Properties of this x shows it to be a *.gif file. Right clicking on this x displays a pop up menu that does not have an action item "Show Picture" There is no way to make this image appear in Picture Manager, however, HP Image Zone can open this *.gif file and display the image. I have encountered this problem on numerous occasions but have not bothered to follow up on it.
I read with interest the similar post of Parrotplay and the response from Jaws. I tried all the items offered by Jaws but to no avail.
Where in does the problem lay??? This is quite an annoying problem and I hope someone has the answer for it.
Thank you
ocar :thumbsup: :flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users