Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

redirecting virus and random-pop ups

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 mjfador

mjfador

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:09 PM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:08 PM

i am new to the forums and appreciate any help with the IE redirecting virus! I have read alot of related topics related to this problem and while some sound familar, nothing i have tried has removed this little bugger. To start out i am running on windows xp, I have avast pro 5.0 with all available updates. i recently formatted my computer and reinstalled windows xp sp3. My anti-virus program was downloaded from a safe computer to a disk then loaded after the reinstall of windows in safe moad! boot-time scans where done in safe mode and in normal mode and no virus was detected!
My computer has been running fine except for internet explorer! When I click on any web-site link i get redirected to random site.Some are fake and others are previous sites i visted! it always opens up in a new windows at the bottom of the screen!what steps should i take to properly remove this virus???Thanks again for reading this and if there is any additional info you may need please let me know.

Edited by Blade Zephon, 14 July 2010 - 09:14 PM.
Moved from XP to AII. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users