Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

WMP 10 Won't Burn HighMAT Audio CDs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 phoenixcrash

phoenixcrash

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:52 PM

Running XP MCE 2002 SP2 and have installed WMP 10 to replace version 9 that comes with the install. When I try to burn an Audio CD it works fine, but it refuses to burn HighMAT audio CDs. After building a Burn List, I click on the "Burn" tab and beside each track it says "Ready To Burn". But, when I click the "Start Burn" button it quickly scrolls down the list of tracks and then does absolutely nothing. Click it again and nothing. Burns regular Audio CDs with no problem. Tried uninstalling/reinstalling but same problem. It will let me burn a HighMAT cd once every blue moon, but it's extremely rare. Tried to upgrade to WMP11, but it said that it requires XP Media Center Edition 2005 or higher to install. Anyone know how to get rid of this? I hate only being able to fit 20 songs on a CD instead of 140... :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,378 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:52 PM

Posted 15 July 2010 - 07:39 AM

See this old article:

Update for HighMAT support in the Windows XP CD Writing Wizard

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/831240

WMP10 should do it for you.

You could try installing/reinstalling the Highmat Extension - link on their page.

Note, the article relates to XP Home and Pro, but may be of use.

#3 phoenixcrash

phoenixcrash
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 119 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 PM

Posted 17 July 2010 - 02:51 PM

Thanks petewills for the help (and the links too!). I'll give it a shot and report back with the results so maybe this will help someone else with the same annoying issue. :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users