Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Acer Laptop Screen is all whited out when unplugged!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 yorocco7

yorocco7

• Members
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 06:49 PM

My Laptop screen had been working perfectly for months. Then out of the blue It started to get washed out white.
I do not know how long this has been happening or when it started but I just noticed it recently on a trip.
I use my Acer Laptop as a work PC so it's generally plugged into a Monitor. I was traveling & I brought it
with me. I turned it on & all seemed normal. The 4 flying Win7 colors did there dance as the system started to boot up.
Then I'd see the "Login" screen for a second or 2 then Bam, the screen went white out of nowhere! I thought I was the
victim of some kind of "white-screen-of death". The Laptop is barely a year old. Then I noticed if I tilted the screen
all the way forward I could make out the Login screen icon & window. I typed my password & it continued to boot up.
Now my desktop was normal with all the colors correct. I figured it was a weird glitch, a 1 time thing. After about
20-30 second the screen when white again! Now there was no way to get it back to normal. I could see everything on my
desktop in the faded white washed out background. I ended up doing emails in that condition. it sucked.
-I've tried rebooting 5x times. Same thing happens.
-I've check & installed all latest Windows Updates.
-I did Virus & malware scan 2x with nothing dangerous found.
-I checked to see if my brightness level was somehow set all the way up. Nope.
-I started in Safe mode 2x. It does NOT get the White out effect. However it does NOT fix it upon normal reboot.
-I have 2 OS on my Laptop. Vista came with it originally. For work we got Win7. I can boot to Vista fine every time.
-When the screen is all washed out I can plug it into my monitor & it works & looks just fine.

I have no idea why this is happening & would love to get some help with this. Maybe I'm doing something stupid.
If so, please let me know. I appreciate any help I can get. Thanks everybody!
-----------------
ACER Aspire 5738Z
Win7 Pro x64
Pent.Dual-core T4200 2.0GHz
4.0 GRam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users