Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 2008 server - restricts access

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wilric

wilric

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:01 AM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:44 PM

We have a windows 2008 server. My boss is a user and is a member of All admins possible. We have a home directory set up for all the users home directories and is listed as there home folder. I have them hidden with the dollar4 IE home\richard$. he has all the security right available but he cannot write to the folder.

on the permissions I have set himself and adminstrator groups to have total permissions.
for security settions i have himself, creator owner, system, richard, administrator and administrators(groups) all have full control.
under the advance tab in the permission this directory in the column interited from is listed as <not inheritied>

I can write to his dirictory but he can't

Additionally he has this directory set as his My Documents and can't write to that as well.

I have this roblem with 3-4 useres in the company and I thought I set them all up the same way. :thumbsup:

Thanks someone..

I hate computers :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:00 PM

have you gone to the effective permissions tab of the folder and put in your boss's user name? That will tell you if there is some group conflict going on for him.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users