Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Antimalware Doctor infection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ...annoyed!

...annoyed!

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:19 AM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:47 PM

I am aware there is another topic in this program and I've done a little research online but my case seems to vary from what I've observed, so I figured I might have to deal with it differently.

I downloaded something stupid earlier and ended up with this mess-
Computer view reconfigured, everything got bigger/blown up
Lot's of pop ups. Windows Security Alert bubbles constantly saying things like "Windows reports that computer is infected" and "Application cannot be executed."
I also get pop ups when I try to run almost anything with "rundll32.exe is infected and cannot be executed" and several other ones that have a different .exe

I do have malwarebytes. Upon first trying to run it, mbam.exe was blocked. I renamed it firefox.exe because I can still use firefox. The problem is, it closes after about two minutes. It's not that big of a problem for firefox as I can just reopen/restore (very annoying though), but malwarebytes doesn't save the unfinished scans progress or anything like that upon being shut down.

Also, as soon as this thing spread tskmgr was disabled. I also renamed it firefox, and it would have run but I got the notice along the lines of "administrator has disabled task manager application!" Trying to open it administrative options in the control panel has led to another "rundll32.exe is infected and cannot be executed" notice.

I tried to install a removal program from online but my browser doesn't stay open long enough for that.

I don't have much computer/system expertise so I don't want to try to remove it myself and screw up my registry. I've been told to switch to safe mode, but I have no idea how to :|

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users