Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Half desktop Screen on XP-Virus?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 steadyernest

steadyernest

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:02 PM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:43 PM

So I have a Toshiba laptop with the following specs. XP Pro SP3, 2GB Ram, 100GB hd. Recently it got some virus's that disabled all usb ports, and internet connections. I used Malwarebytes and SuperAntispyware to get rid of them and it worked fine except I think something is running the the backround. At start up I can see my backround picture and after a couple of minutes once everything finishes starting up I White Block or Window that covers up my desktop. (Half of it anyway). I tried using Autoruns but I don't know what I'm looking at and I don't want to mess anything up. It also looks like its running on safe mode for some reason although its not. Everything is real classic looking.
Can anyone help?

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users