Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 2003 shutdown unexpectly constantly

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 cgunn82

cgunn82

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 08:32 AM

Hello All,

Over the past two weeks I have been having issues with my file server. It randomly shuts down throughout the day and its not always at the same time. For instance yesterday it shutdown at 6:09am, then 3:58pm. The day before that it shutdown about 3 or 4 times throughout the day. I checked the event logs and it doesnt say much. Most of the time when it shuts down there isnt anything in the logs around the the time that it shutdown besides event log error 6008. The previous system shutdown at [time] on [date] was unexpected. So far I have ran Symantec Antivirus, Malwarebytes but those didnt pick up anything. I have turned off the auto restart option in startup and recovery. The server isnt producing a minidump or memory dump file. I have also tried to turn off Symantec Antivirus to see if that could be causing the problem but that also did not work. Its also not running any updates for those to cause the reboot. I have a HijackThis log file if you need that to look at. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 14 July 2010 - 09:02 PM

have you checked and double checked all of the cooling fans to be sure they are functioning? Also look at dust build up which could be causing it to overheat and shutdown.
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users